August 2, 2007

Motherly Love

I remember when I was pregnant, people would try to describe to me a mother's love. They would say there is no love deeper than that of a mother. Sure, I believed it... but it was also something that I knew I would have to experience in order to fully understand. I now know what it feels like. It's a feeling beyond explanation... and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~Rajneesh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, it only gets better/worse (depending on how you look at it) the older they get...but you have to experience that too.

Becca said...

It's amazing, right? And Julie's right... the more you know them, the more you love them. Every stage is better than the one before. I'm guessing that will stop being true in about 10 years! :)