May 5, 2009

Big Boy Bed

Kross finally learned how to get out of his crib. My babysitter called while I was at work and said that he climbed out during nap time. When I got home I put him in his bed to see if he would climb out, but he wouldn't. So I walked out of his room and then quietly peeked around the corner... he had one leg on the other side and was hopping up and down like he was riding a horse.

So tonight Wes and I took the front part off of his crib and put up the toddler railing (his crib converts to a toddler bed and then to a full-size). It made me sad to think that my baby isn't going to be in a crib anymore! I kept my composure because I wanted Kross to see what a big step he was taking. I kept asking him, "Are you going to sleep in your big boy bed tonight?" and he excitedly replied, "Ice!" (that means yes for those of you who didn't read the previous post).

We weren't sure how he would do once it was time for bed, but that kid never ceases to amaze us. I put him to bed and was very careful not to say, "stay in bed." I thought if I told him that, he would think it was an option to get out. He didn't get up one time! I went in to check on him a few minutes ago and he was sound asleep. He's growing up... my little baby is becoming a big boy.

PS... I think the time has come to change my blog title :(

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Bittersweet, isn't it? Do you remember Bo's racecar bed? Seems like a hundred years ago!

Juleah said...

I remember being so excited to get Luke in a "big boy" bed....I rushed it. I would love to go back in time when he could still fit in his crib, I miss my baby so much but absolutely adore the lil' man he has become.

Cara said...

Golly, they grow so fast, don't they? He's a cutie! Thanks for sharing what's going on with you guys!

Julie said...

Oh that is so sweet and sad! :) When JB figured out how to get out of her crib, we changed to toddler bed that night too. Although, she never (still doesn't) stayed in her bed. haha

Cara said...

Hey! Well, start by taking it away ONLY for naptime. Give him a sippy cup of milk instead so he has something for comfort. Then, do this for bedtime, too. (I go in her room after she's sound asleep and retrieve the milk so she doesn't wake up in the middle of the night and drink it! Yuck!) She also has a blanky and a bunny that are her security items, which may make a difference! Let me know how it goes!